Zeko Shoes Ultimate Fishing Shoe

Thread: remanufactured engines

Angry remanufactured engines

OK so I would like to know what y'all have for thoughts on remaned engines that I can order. I currently have in the "new" unamed boat (251 express) a 307 that is very tired from what I am seeing and hearing. it runs good but you can just tell that after almost 2500 hours it is tired. so I have been looking at some of the different outlets that sell remaned motors and my hopes are to put in a 350 instead of the 307. also would be interested to know if anyone has purchased a reman engine from one of the outlets I see on line like michigan motorz or one of those guys? and what kind of luck you have had with the motor.

ok go!!!
    Aquaholic
    1974 251 express catalina

I would do a compression check before I deemed any engine tired. Unless you have lots of money to get rid of.
    When it comes time for me to get a new engine, I will just get a Jasper Engine and be done. They've been doing engines since 1942. Just my two cents.
    1979 Chris Craft Catalina 251
    1977 Catalina C25 Sailboat
    1965 Chris Craft 22' Cutlass 327F
    And a really small dinghy.

thanks for the input. I have looked at jasper and they seem pretty reputable I have one cylinder that is down by about 10 psi from the others. that is a bit worrisome to me as they should be closer than that in my opinion.
    Aquaholic
    1974 251 express catalina

https://www.mabbcomotors.com/catalog/Marine/

Is who I use and have had zero problems with any of their engines. I can't say that for Jasper.

10 psi down isnt much. As long as its not more than 10% from the others. I would just run it.
    1982 Catalina 251 "OLD SCHOOL"