Zeko Shoes Ultimate Fishing Shoe
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: My "new" old boat

It's amazing how people think. We bought this last year, DSCF2162.jpg

As far as boats I want something easier to trailer than the 280. Legal and not as heavy.

Be sure and check the rear bumper on the camper if your going to pull off it. I've read they aren't that strong. People having bike racks twist the bumper off.
    1983 280 Catalina

"When in danger, or in doubt.
    Run in circles, scream and shout."

Have no fear Solly,

I'm no stranger to towing "doubles", I installed a custom made Class III, frame mounted, 2" receiver hitch under the Casita right after I got it, and wired a full function 7-way plug under the rear bumper.. The hitch is used to haul our mountain bikes and has been used to tow my 12' aluminum boat that I sold before I bought the Resorter.. My truck also has a front mounted receiver hitch so the bikes can be moved to the front and carried on a platform rack when we're pulling the boat with us..

100_1378 by cc_john67, on Flickr

100_1389 by cc_john67, on Flickr

100_1390 by cc_john67, on Flickr

100_1515 by cc_john67, on Flickr

100_1516 by cc_john67, on Flickr

100_1714 by cc_john67, on Flickr

100_1715 by cc_john67, on Flickr
    Last edited by CC-John; 07-02-2017 at 04:53 PM.
    CC-John

1978 251 Catalina Express
    Powered by: PCM 383 CID GM (Bored & Stroked Chevy 350, 330 HP)

1973 Century Resorter 16
    Powered by: 1972 Chrysler LM318 (225 HP)

That's a wagon train. Round em' up, move em' out.
    1983 280 Catalina

As if I don't have enough to do.... Thanks to Photobucket's unannounced change in terms, I have to move all my pics to another host.. I refuse to pay their $400 a year "ransom" to restore the pics in my thread.. As I get all my pics moved and set up in albums, I'll go back and fix all the broken picture links..

Bear with me the pics WILL return, and Photobucket can KISS MY ASS!!
    CC-John

Powered by: PCM 383 CID GM (Bored & Stroked Chevy 350, 330 HP)

1973 Century Resorter 16
    Powered by: 1972 Chrysler LM318 (225 HP)

See, no good deed goes unpunished... I like to fool with computers but I am so tired of stuff changing. I mean most MS changes do the same thing, you just have to figure out all over again how to do them. And about the time you get used to using something it changes.

Bull Crap !
    1983 280 Catalina

I figger Photobucket will go tits up after this little fiasco.. Since I'm on a wireless internet plan, I have a limited amount of bandwidth and using a pic host is a necessary evil.. Only having to upload my pics once then just post links in the forums I post on saves me a ton of bandwidth usage.. I had upgraded to one of PB's subscription plans years ago to avoid this crap, now after their TOS change, the only "paid plan" that offers linking to forums is their "top shelf" plan that costs $399 a year.. I'm slowly getting all my pics set up on Flickr and I'm editing the pic links as I get albums set up and pics sorted..

Hopefully, I'll have all the pics back up on my threads in this forum in a couple of weeks.. The other two threads on this boat that I have on other forums are gonna require me to have the webmaster temporarily reopen the editing ability on all the older posts, so I can fix all the picture links..
    CC-John