Zeko Shoes Ultimate Fishing Shoe
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 1977 Chris Craft Catalina 250

My 1977 Chris Craft Catalina 250

Hey all, I'm a fairly new lurker here, but I just thought I'd share a pic of my boat.
    Powered my a Chevy 305 (or 350 I always forget heh) marine power engine and she runs like a charm. She is slow and heavy and has a keel on the bottom which I am told helps with steering and docking etc. (I don't have other inboard experience enough to know if this helps or not, but whatever) She has no fridge any more, a sink that works off a toggle switch to a pump, a nice long bench seat in the stern that breaks down to a big lay out bed for sunning or sleeping overnight in no-bug areas, all original navy blue and white trim vinyl interior seating and bunks without any of the fuzzy walls or ceiling I have seen elsewhere, a shower-less head, a swim platform and a steering wheel. Simple > Complex. Ohh, and a new reclining captain's seat I picked up for $100 from Defender (on closeout sale) by driving five hours to avoid $120 freight. SUPER COMFY!!

I've owned her for three years now and other than routine maintenance wintering from the yard mechanic, she has only needed belts and an alternator (which I surprisingly did myself!)

She makes a good family overnight boat, a decent fishing slayer, and an all around AWESOME party boat. I am super happy with the length and even more so with the width. This boat feels like a cube pushing water everywhere I go, but in a 1977-built-right-good-kinda-way (if you can get what I am saying.)

Here are a couple more, if anyone is still interested =)

and the keel before I bought it and before a complete stripping of the bottom paint.

Sweet!!i like the hard top nice idea!and that back bench is the cats meow!!welcom to the group dharamsala

Captain
    great boat !!!! Looks amazing welcome great site and amazing guys here !!!!!

"Fathers Day" 291 Catalina Site Administrator Captain Rick's Avatar
    Welcome aboard! Great pictures of a great boat! Glad to have you here! We are a work in progress so to speak, always open for suggestion as this thing grows!
    1984 Chris Craft Catalina 291 "Fathers Day"
    1993 Mako 171 Tuppens Edition
    www.GreenBayYachtClub.com

Great Looking Boat , WELCOME ABOARD,here is a picture of my 251 CC, they are great boats, I have had a lot of fun with mine.

Lonewolf 6217-06-12_1732.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome board, love the hard top and the name. Where did you get the idea for the name?

Thanks for the compliments on her. I am super happy with everything about the boat.
    I love taking ideas from other's pics here too, thanks for that.

The name was mostly my wife's idea. We live in Salem, MA, and were thinking of a play on some type of witch term that could incorporate the 'craft' part of chris craft. 'The Craft' or something similar almost made it, but it felt lazy. Then I found the female witch on the broom image on a site where you can buy art from people in a bunch of different file types. We bought it and "She's Crafty" was born. Plus, we grew up with the Beastie Boys' music, which helped us decide on the name as well. heh.

From there it was to Boat US to set up the font and colors and a local boat printer for the image. Glad you like it, I get a lot of comments on it.

There is actually a littermate of my boat in the town over from me. It is also a 1977 251 light blue hull but it has no hard top. I like the look of the boat both ways, but the hard top's angles and styling is just so perfectly subtle, I am glad I was able to find one with it.

I have a couple soft spots on my gunwale and one near my anchor line hole going into the bow, but other than those she' is pretty solid. I don't suppose, short of ripping and digging out there is any relatively DIY fix for something like that?

Unfoprtunatley no quick fix for soft spots but some good experience here getting it done right as know several owners have had to recore areas. Great name!

Stern bench seat!!

Quote Originally Posted by dharamsala View Post
    Hey all, I'm a fairly new lurker here, but I just thought I'd share a pic of my boat.
    Powered my a Chevy 305 (or 350 I always forget heh) marine power engine and she runs like a charm. She is slow and heavy and has a keel on the bottom which I am told helps with steering and docking etc. (I don't have other inboard experience enough to know if this helps or not, but whatever) She has no fridge any more, a sink that works off a toggle switch to a pump, a nice long bench seat in the stern that breaks down to a big lay out bed for sunning or sleeping overnight in no-bug areas, all original navy blue and white trim vinyl interior seating and bunks without any of the fuzzy walls or ceiling I have seen elsewhere, a shower-less head, a swim platform and a steering wheel. Simple > Complex. Ohh, and a new reclining captain's seat I picked up for $100 from Defender (on closeout sale) by driving five hours to avoid $120 freight. SUPER COMFY!!

I've owned her for three years now and other than routine maintenance wintering from the yard mechanic, she has only needed belts and an alternator (which I surprisingly did myself!)

She makes a good family overnight boat, a decent fishing slayer, and an all around AWESOME party boat. I am super happy with the length and even more so with the width. This boat feels like a cube pushing water everywhere I go, but in a 1977-built-right-good-kinda-way (if you can get what I am saying.)

She's Crafty, I have owned my Chris Craft 25 for 15 years and have always wanted a stern bench seat. I really like the one on your boat.
    Is it original factory seat?
    Would you be willing to send me some pictures of the seat?
    With some pictures of seat, how its attached and changes into a bed I think i can make one or have one made. When I get a chance I will post some pictures. Our boats are very much alike. I also have a hard top but no keel or swim platform.
    Thanks "Irish Wake" Annapolis, MD