Zeko Shoes Ultimate Fishing Shoe
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "stand by" '79 251

"stand by" '79 251

Figured I'd start a thread to get my "before" pictures going. First couple already up in other threads.IMAG0293.jpgIMAG0294.jpgIMAG0295.jpg

Today I started making some supports to help secure some tarps for the winter. Also bought some snap kits ans grommet kits to help anchor the tarp better. Gonna finish tarping tomorrow if its not raining. I want to be able to get into the boat for at least the next few weeks. I'll worry about shrink wrapping next winter after some work gets done to her.
    IMAG0305.jpgIMAG0306.jpg

The aluminum tank is 14" high x 18" wide x 6' long, for 75 gallons.
    IMAG0300.jpgIMAG0301.jpg
    Last edited by redleg; 10-26-2014 at 07:00 PM.

Looks exactly like my boat, except I have black bottom paint, and the stern rails are removed.
    1978 Chris Craft 251 Catalina, with the hard to find factory hardtop!

Got rained out today, darn it. Last day off for awhile. Got some overtime this week. My stern rail will be modified too, Hopper. Planning on a swim deck on the back, with an open center stern rail.

Quote Originally Posted by redleg View Post
    Got rained out today, darn it. Last day off for awhile. Got some overtime this week. My stern rail will be modified too, Hopper. Planning on a swim deck on the back, with an open center stern rail.
    I modified mine to that set up at first, then decided to remove them totally. I like the look without the railing, but the side comings are pretty low. Might have to install some sort of railing along the stern for safety though.
    1978 Chris Craft 251 Catalina, with the hard to find factory hardtop!

Leaning towards a teak railing on the sides that make a short L at the corners,. Been eyeing some teak lumber prices on eBay. I want to use heavier boards so I can put a down trigger on each corner. Figure all I really need is 2 for now. Also planning on rigging divers off the sides. I don't want rod holder's on the railing. Just gonna try to install a few angled, flushmounts. Also prob a pair on each side of the cabin.

Red, what kind of truck you have. Do you hired your boat with this truck?

Thanks....

"Fathers Day" 291 Catalina Site Administrator Captain Rick's Avatar
    Looking great Redleg....lots of work ahead but worth it!
    1984 Chris Craft Catalina 291 "Fathers Day"
    1993 Mako 171 Tuppens Edition
    www.GreenBayYachtClub.com

Thanks Rick.
    Well, can't get a brake in this weather to finish my tarp work. I have it tarped now, but I need to finish adding some fasteners to secure it better for the hard weather.

Lemirage, I just have an 05 Silverado crew cab, 1/2 ton. The boat really pulled nicely brining it home, bit mostly freeway driving. All the weight is over the trailer axles, not a lot of tongue weight. Aluminum trailer kept the weight down for the half ton. I do need a break actuator in the truck before next season. The trailer also glided over expansion joints and railroad tracks without pushing the truck all over the place.